Dear Phone Company, Cancel my service!
It's not the quality or the price. It's not the internet, email, text messages, cell phones or any of the other things in the current state of the art that bothers me. It's your business subscribers. The telemarketers that call me morning noon and night and harass me. It's waking up at 7 a.m. after working until 2 a.m. and there's no one on the line. It is the rude, unintelligentable foreigners pretending to be an American to sell me something I don't need. It's that my phone number is spread across the planet to anyone and everyone. And it's the merchants and health providers that insist on having something they should never need. It's the prospective employers that won't hire you unless you have a phone. And lastly, the crooks that use my phone to hook me into being a victim of their crime against our civil society. For all those reasons, and the mere obsolescence of Alexander Bell's invention please take my number off your list.
I know what you're saying to yourself right now. How will I be able to function without a phone? I do it right now. I can't give out my phone number to people I want to talk to because of all the unsolicited callers. And at least with email, I can arrange to send solicitors to my junk account ... thank you, Yahoo. However, I'm not going to subscribe to multiple phone lines just to ensure I have one connection of unsolicited callers. First of all, that wouldn't work. I don't have a way to filter out good callers from the idiots. So, what's left. I don't keep stuff that's unusable, and turning off my phone just seems like a better solution than anything else I could do.
So, for all those merchants, employers, and service providers who have to have a phone number, this is good-bye. I'll lose weight, reduce stress and my resting heart rate and maybe even find my smile. And to family and friends, you know my address, drop by, send me a postcard or catch me on the internet.
- later!
No comments:
Post a Comment